Oh geez. I don't even have the words to describe last night's date. Awkward. Uncomfortable. LONG. Boring. Painful. But those really just don't even say enough. So, here's how it went down. It was a first (and only) date with Geeky McEatsSlow. This guy was previously nicknamed something else in an earlier post, but last night's date warranted a nickname change. Here are the things I learned about Geeky from our date last night:
1) He does not have a car and travels everywhere by bus (although he does live in the City, so this is acceptable).
2) He is 32 years old (two years older than I am) and graduated HS in 1998 (the same year that I did). This means he was 20 years old when he graduated HS.
3) His parents held him back from school for two years because he was a "special needs" child and they did not believe he was ready for school. Hence the late graduation date above.
4) Despite his special needs, he is much more confident now. Oh good.
5) He eats slower than any human being on the planet. The waitress came to take his plate about 16 times and each time he was "still working on it." Finally, he finished, and after prompting from me to request the check, he asked to take the bread to go.
6) He likes to talk. A LOT! What about, you ask? I have no clue because I tuned him out after the story about something really funny that happened to him in 7th grade, that he was sure I was going to get a kick out of. I did not.
7) He works for a company that makes dog products (like leashes and toys). He thought I would be interested in this because my roommate has a dog. So near the end of the date, he asked if I wanted to see some of the products that his company makes. Ummm... ok, sure. He busted out his Blackberry and had me scroll through pictures of leashes and dog Snuggies. Wow. No words.
8) When he ordered his wine, he pronounced "Syrah" as see-ree-uh. The waitress corrected him.
Need I write more? The date lasted soooooooooooooooo uncomfortably long because he continued to talk (and not eat) and then continued to eat (and not ask for the check). It was painful, people. PAIN-FUL!
Do I honestly have to rate this dude? Dud to the max.
Damn! That was awkward to even READ!
ReplyDeleteI need a drink on your behalf
ReplyDelete